Sunday, October 10, 2010

Making A Difference

Join the Movement: Stop Diabetes

Time for Change 'round these parts... Next month is National Diabetes Awareness Month and I have decided after a weekend of thinking, that I am going to join the movement in the fight to stop Diabetes. I am going to start a team to Step Out: A Walk to Fight Diabetes in the upcoming event held in my area next month on November 6, 2010. It will signify a chance to become more of a voice of awareness for the growing disease. Participating in this cause will also be a positive step for more changes in the areas I still struggle in.
If you want to learn more about the walk and what it's for and how you can make a difference click here.

Now before I can register, I have to come up with a team name.. the possibilities are endless. I need a little help, so here's what I have come up with so far and any valuable input you may have will be greatly appreciated. Here's what I have:



  1. The Valiant Feet Elite


  2. Feet With A Beat


  3. Fierce Feet Legion


  4. Steadfast Entourage


  5. The Robust Crew


  6. The Plucky Feet Elite or The Plucky Feet Pack (plucky means brave, which I like)


  7. Tenacious Feet Entourage


I know I have feet in almost all suggestions, but that was what I came up with. Which to choose from, is the question.. I hope to come up with something by at least Wednesday so I can get the ball rolling and register. What do you think?


I am so excited and somewhat nervous to do this. Excited to join in a make a difference, nervous because its a commitment I have to follow through with, and may mean a lot of work, or not, I don't know but I do know I am going to give it a shot. If you like any team name let me know, or have an idea you would want to share, please feel free. Thank you!

making a difference one foot at a time,



Naomi



1 comment:

  1. Happy Feet

    Diabetes? How about Live-abetes? (found that online)

    Naomi's Noble...(something, can't think of another "n" word right now)

    Pirates of the Cure-ibbean

    Love, Amy Goode

    ReplyDelete