Saturday, April 9, 2011

4/8/2011 Showing the Diabetes Who's Boss

Its been one year and six months since T1 Diabetes attacked my body. Its been a fast year and a half for sure. In that time has been some tough days, good days, a lot of tough days, easy days, and some Great days.


Most recently I have shifted my life's focus from T1 Diabetes being what consumed me to pouring the best of me into my family, my children, gardening, church, homeschooling, homeschooling groups, meeting new friends, and my home. I can't say that I am totally over coping dealing sometimes, but its a daily thing verses an issue I center my future around. T1 Diabetes is another thing to manage along with all the other daily responsibilities, a daily frustration which affects so much. But the point I am at, is nuff talkin' about managing it better, just DO it. I am not a child newly diagnosed who depends on an adult to do it because they cannot. I am an adult, and adults do what they have to do to take care of their responsibilities. Plus I don't have to allow my emotions to control my day, I stand on God's promises and I am encouraged another second, minute, hour, day all while staying in Faith. Who isn't a daily work in progress? I just want what God wants, his will to be done because he knows best, and through his will I will have all the desires of my heart, because My way no workie. Does this mean I am perfect or have it all figured out, No. I have had well over a year to be "mental" about it after all I am a imperfect person. I just know based on God's current work in my life, I just have to live and be the best me giving my all today. Just today. It makes dealing and fighting the disease easier.


As far as how I am managing the Diabetes better, well like I said its a day at a time deal. For real. I do better some days than others. I have the knowledge on what to do, it's just applying it, day by day! Checking sugar before I eat, counting carbs, using the sliding scale better, being disciplined, consistent, exercising, and reminding myself to daily depend on the Lord when I DON'T feel like doing any of it. Change doesn't happen overnight, as our Pastor says, "inch by inch its a cinch." I am taking steps, as small as they are, I am doing better dealing with the Diabetes. My A1c (report card on how well the Diabetes is being managed) went from a 9.3 to 8.7, which is better. Ideally it needs to be around a 6, and I will get there.


Matthew 6:34 (The Message) 34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. "


Praise the Lord, for my Hope is in him! That verse has strength, encouragement, and a promise from God himself. I just keep walking and look up when I grow weary because each day has enough things to do then to think about what hasn't even happened yet! I draw support from reading other blogs from people who are dealing also, and I gain insight, encouragement from them as well. All together, I am changing my thinking about T1 Diabetes, I still hate it with a passion, but I am not going to focus on the negatives. With God all things are possible, so I just trust in Him, and still claim healing over my body.. I'm staying in faith about it.


Sharing one victory at a time, one blog at a time, one day at a time, Praising Jesus the whole way.


Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment